Re: TS 2000 Time Stamp, Omega Response

It might make sense if the Data Manager just needs to run in the
background?
Im not sure but I don't think TS will use any of the functionality of
the Data Manager ie: you won't use any symbols added into DM.
My guess is it's probably just a link to your feed like a jumper cable
and all the functionality like adding of symbols / data collection etc
will happen in the TS Server.

I hope :->

Alan

---Chris Baker <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like perhaps Omega is planning to use the primitive BMI Data
Manager provided with
> the BMI Market Center???.   I tried the BMI Data manager this
afternoon - it seems
> significantly lacking in functionality compared to even the T/S 4
Server.   But this makes
> sense since BMI is in the business of providing data, not advanced
Data Servers.

> So I'm confused by Mark J.'s (Omega Support) statement, since I
thought we have been
> assured several times that Omega was developing their own fast and
much improved Data
> Server for T/S Version 5, which would also explain the high price
Omega is asking for T/S
> 5.0.
>
> Perhaps one of us BMI users will have to order a full version T/S
5.0 to get a 30-day
> trial and find out what we are getting.
>
> --- Chris

BMI's Data