Re: Linux

Robert W Cummings <robert.cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> asks:
>Will TS4 run on Linux software, seems this software is of a higher
>quality than Windows 95/98 operating systems.

TS, any version, runs only under MS Windows, so the short answer is
no, the higher reliability of Linux is not available to TS users.

I'm sorry to report that TS will not run under WABI, the MS Windows
emulator by Sun Microsystems, until recently sold by Caldera for Linux.
The Virtual Device Driver used to talk with the security block is the
roadblock - WABI does not work with Vxds at all.  Unfortunately,
SafeSoft is also a Vxd, so it's not a solution to this problem.

It's possible that TS and its Vxd can be made to run under Wine,
another emulator that is still under development.  If I find out more
on that front, I'll report here.

Rather than put a lot of time into TS under emulation, I'm persuing
something more native under Linux.

Jim