Re: DTN

DTN in a nutshell (we have many levels of service so this is not complete,
but a good overview)

One time initiation charge of $318
one time shipping/inventory charge of $59

DTN Spectrum delayed tick by tick commodities/options, delayed snapshot
stocks, real time indexes indicators, real time news $68 per month (billed
quarterly).  Delivered via KU satellite (T5) or VBI cable (must have CSPAN2
24 hours a day).  Signal transmitted at 56k compressed.

DTN Spectrum RT same as above but with real time futures capability.  $118
per month plus exchange fees.

DTN Real Time same as above but with capability for real time stocks.  Dual
channel receiver allows for data throughput @ 115k compressed.  $98 per
month, $118 per month with RT futures capability.

DTN Real Time with equity options capability only available via KU band
satellite (cable does not have enough bandwidth for options feed)  $118 per
month, $138 per month with RT futures capability.  Add $50 for NASDAQ Level 2

Above services have a 30 day free trial (Really Free just pay exchange fees
for the month)

DTNstant for real time futures includes massive amounts of news for the
futures trader (FWN,Bridge, AP, DTN Ag news, others)  Full color, animated
and extremely detailed current weather images, detailed text forecasts,
forecast maps etc.  Available via KU satellite only.  $318 initiation
includes installation.  $180 per month plus exchange fees.

Exchange fees:  (stock exchanges are for non professionals only on this post)

NYSE	$5.25
AMEX	$4.25
NASDAQ	$4.00
OPRA	$2.00
CBOT	$60.00
CME	$55.00
NYMEX	$55.00
CEC	$88.00
KCBOT	$12.00
MGE	$10.00
WCE	$14.00
MIDAM	$7.50
NASDAQ Level 2 data $50

If the Colorado outfit you refer to is the one I am thinking of, they were
doing a shuck and jive where they subscribed to the units all at their
location (allowing for additional unit/same location reduced futures
excange fees, a SUBSTANTIAL discount) they then "sold" the service
themselves as an unofficial reseller.  I don't believe that DTN nor the
exchanges would be very receptive to that type of arrangement.

Service is via 800# customer support, usually less than 2 minutes holding
time (it can be much longer for very bad days, it happens but rarely).
Most parts of the country can have a local DTN representative at your
location to give demonstrations/training/service etc.  I usually recommend
setting up a free trial and comparing us side by side with your current
service for a month.

Regards,

Kevin Lee/DTN

Tony Haas wrote:

Any DTN folks care to comment on costs for the feed...upfront and
monthly
exclusive of exchange fees. What about outages? Service? Any
comparisons,
good or bad, with BMI.

What about that Colorado outfit who carried BMI at a discount before BMI

shut them down. Have they gone to DTN too?

I knew from prior experience with DBC  that when they acquired Signal,
it
would go to shit. Then I switched to BMI. When BMI and DBC teamed up, I
knew DBC would destroy BMI's quality feed. Although it took longer than
had originally thought, it's now time to switch again, but to which
feed?

Tony Haas