Re: bmi outage

"Peter M. Perry" <pmperry@xxxxxxxxx> reports:
>The recording BMI gives is that solar activity has disrupted its
>satellite transmissions.

Like others, my NDX came back at 11:51 EST.  My guess is that bright
sunshine during the early morning commute caused a traffic jam that
kept the BMI technicians from getting to work on time, preventing
them from rebooting the new NT servers they're trying to integrate
into their network.

I finally got through to a support humanoid at BMI a few weeks ago
regarding something or other.  In a rare moment of candor, this
person virtually recommended a switch to another vendor if I was
interested in reliability.  We had a good rueful laugh together
over the state of things...

Jim