Re: TS 5 lottery?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>; Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, February 21, 1999 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: TS 5 lottery?

>never !  thats when ! why ? because the new ts uses the system clock on the
>computer as the time stamp for all the data saved.

According to Mark, Omega has decided T/S 2000 will ignore the date and time reported by
the data vendor, instead using the computer time.     If Mark is correct, Omega apparently
decided to ignore their existing users, who no doubt would have requested that Omega make
it an Option as to whether to use the computer time.    With an Option in T/S, the USER
could decide whether to use the computer time or vendors time.   (Yes Bill, remember us,
we're the people that use your software.   It would help if someone asked us before making
drastic changes like this.)
.
If Mark is correct, Omega made this change knowing that BMI transmission, for one, is
significantly delayed after the open of the stock exchanges and BMI is also delayed in
periods of high volume.