Re: Mid-Am questionsomega-list@xxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 2/20/99 9:25:54 PM Central Standard Time,
brian.meads@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Does anyone have any comments on trading Mid-Am versions of the major
 contracts ( TBonds, Soybeans, Japanese Yen etc.).  I am looking to trade
 Mid-Am because I have a relatively small account, but I am concerned
 about liquidity and any price differences between Mid-Am contracts and
 their big brothers on CBOT etc.

***** Generally speaking the Midam locals will try to make a consistent
market.  Bonds are one tick, Yen is probably 2 to 3 ticks and soybeans 1/2
cent or less.  When I was a Midam member back in 1989-90, this is the way it
worked.  I have been a broker since that time and find that if I competitively
price orders using limit orders, then I will generally get filled.  Of course,
it depends on the overall market conditions, fast market or gone to lunch,
etc.

 Is it prudent to use EOD price data for CBOT TBonds in my Tradestation
 system and take trading signals from this data and place orders in
 Mid-Am TBonds?

**** I always use the contract that has the most volume for any analysis I do.
The Midam Bonds are just going to follow the CBOT pit bonds, or even Project A
Bonds in the afternoon.

 Many thanks for any advice. >>

**** You are welcome.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!

Disclosure: John J. Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading
Division of The Price Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.