Re: S&P Daytrading - 1000 Trade Review

alan wrote:

>This statement ignores the losing days.

tj sez: what losing days? really! when i have a losing day, my broker
makes more than i do :)) a day trader must design his method such that
if it fails, it fails very early in the day. then one has enough time
to dig oneself out of a hole and show some profitability on the day.
otherwise, one becomes a day treader :))

>Are you a vendor of something  :~)?

tj sez: are you? you seem to be selling something called market myths
:)) i'm selling a dose of truth.

> At the end of the year you might ask yourself if the extra $$ were
worth the cost - stress, time, etc.

tj sez: the stress, time, and risk is far greater in position trading
than day trading, at least for me. i'm pushing 50, i've done this for
a long, long time, and my stress level is lower now than it has been
at any blue or white collar job that i've worked. maybe with age comes
wisdom and an ability to control silly emotions that impede trading
success. i know a farmer who's still trading grains and cattle in his
90's. and bangs out half a million per year trading.

>It may be a particularily costly decision if what Phil seems to be
saying occurs.  That is, at the end of the year, there isn't
necessarily any extra $$$. Then what?  Then the trading is not just
about money, that's what.

tj sez: when your trading becomes something other than about the
money, then you'd better hang it up, 'cause you're dead meat.

that's why i refuse to manage opm; the extra stress and hassle does
not justify the extra monetary scraps it might provide.

TJ

offering hope and truth, not myths