Re: S&P NOTICE

>I foresee Globex (or something similar) and pits trading side by side for
>quite some time...pure electronic (sans handheld devices and hand signaling
>floor clerks) and pure open outcry coexisting in some sort of symboitic
>relationship...the best of both worlds.

Best of both worlds?
Electronic Stock Exchanges have been around for quite a while.
And they work very very well. Yes, NYSE is floor but most of the
rest of the world is virtual. And has been that way for quite while.
If Cantor fails to make an impact, it will be by side in the US until
the next challenger steps up.
For the rest of the world, it should prove to be a different story.
EU is mostly (all?) electronic. Down under is electronic.