Re: S&P NOTICE

In a message dated 2/17/99 6:17:40 AM Central Standard Time,
warlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Nah, support Cantor Fritzgerald Futures Exchange products
 when it is finally online, (it trading system is not up yet and
 the CBOT are patting themselves on the back too early).
 Accelerate the move to electronic and you won't find this
 kind of shit anymore. All the big money will there. >>

Let me get this right, you think that if we trade electronically on the CFFE
that there will be more liquid markets, at least over time.

The most liquid markets in the world are right in the trading pits of the
Chicago Exchanges.  Despite all the talk about electronic trading putting open
out cry out of business, the liquidity of the Chicago Futures markets is still
the best in the world.

Yes, markets get wild.  Fear and greed exist in the pit and outside of it.
Screen trading would be no different if traders could simply walk away or turn
off their machines.

Efficient order entry and order management software will aid liquidity growth
in all markets.  In the short term, it is more likely that we will be seeing
technology augment something that works well already (open outcry) rather than
it replace it outright.

While you call for a revolution against open outcry, I see an evolution to
technologically enhanced open out cry is much more likely and palatable.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!

Disclosure: John J. Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading
Division of The Price Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.