Re: Trailing Stops

In a message dated 2/16/99 8:37:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,   JAC1390@xxxxxxx
writes:

Snip  << Could someone help be with this coding problem?

 I am attempting to develop an exit strategy based on trailing stops.

 I want to exitlong if close <= 8%(Close,50)

Perhaps you are already aware of this but just in case you are trading
futures:  If you intend to do any historical testing be very careful about
using any percentage calculations in your system.  The conventional methods of
back adjusting the historical data will distort your signals so that they are
much different than what you would have done using real time data.

Perhaps you could substitute some factor using Average True Range instead of
the percentage.  ATR is not distorted when the contracts are adjusted.  We
have a couple of informative Bulletins on our web site about ATR that might be
helpful if you are not familiar with this valuable tool.
http://traderclub.com

Chuck