Re: CL_The good news??

Now this is an interesting reply:

> Yes, your suspicions may be correct, maybe they're not
> two different countries! (Maybe Canada is the biggest
> state in the USA, and it has a little more autonomy
> than the others?)

Yeah...about 2 years ago I started a rumour.  It didn't impress our Academic
community... but here it is.....
The USA is indeed taking over Canada, its Northern neighbour.  In fact this is
almost perhaps the largest Corporate take over in history.  The resident Landlords
( the Gov't in Ottawa ) has for some time been making decisions and thereafter
sending then to Washington DC for approval.  We all know this .... this is more
fact than fiction.

Our so called Gov't does not raise our taxes anymore...which is interesting... we
are over taxed already.  Now to raise extra money...they  have fees ... and these
fees are call 'User Fees'..... We don't know who gets these, but there is strong
suspicion that some Gov't body in the USA is Banking these. Now this makes sense,
because if the money stayed in Canada .... these would be taxes.  But they are
'User Fees', which makes sense.  So in essence I am paying rent to the rightful
owners.

Now how does this work out.... actually not to bad.  All the  healthy workforce is
down in the US showing their teams how to play Hockey....and in return...... We
get to watch ....Basketball -- Baseball and Football teams all staffed by US
coaches and players.  It's a working arrangement.

What I don't understand tho' is.... that we can't just walk over the Can/US
border.  They still want us to use the crossings.... this is in contrast to the
Mex/US border....they just walk across unreported.  Go figure........And they own
this place.

My wife just read this and said, "if you put this on the web, you'll go to
jail.......in Mexico....."
What the hell .... never been there...... they vaction down there don't they???

John