long/short trades and spreadsheet question

I have an elementary question that I could not find the answer to in the
Omega books. What i am trying to do is easy in Metastock but must be hidden
(at least from me) in TS 4.0.

When running a system that is based on long and short trades, is there a
way to run it to show only long trades on the system reports and system
equity indicator?

I have been going the long way around and creating a new version in the
power editor to replace sell with exit long. In Metastock, you simple click
long only, short only, or both.

Also, is there a way to customize TS data view info into a spreadsheet? i
use the spreadsheet data in a mutual fund program that is capable of
compounding fund gains and adding money market interest while on a sell
signal.

The output that I am trying to get for the spreadsheet is merely a 2 column
signal file that is in this format:
b,01/02/99
s,01/15/99
b,02/01/99 etc.......

I can do this now in excel from the straight TS spreadsheet file, but the
gyrations I have to to get there are very time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
DB