Data update problems (several :-)

I've been trying to get better prepared for the potential Omega data
disaster re y2k.  In doing so, I've run across some problems and perhaps
someone might have suggestions (other than to try to get Omega to fix it,
of course :-).

(1) I tried running without updates for a while, but I noticed that the
server was accumulating daily data on expired contracts with the same
values as the last contract date.  This makes files useless for testing
because of the invalid data (sure would be easy to day-trade the constant
values, though :-). Anyone else see this, or have a solution other than a
*ridiculous* amount of manual updating?

(2) In trying to add to data I already have, I tried to download tick
files from the Omega site.  I found an acceptable but decreasing rate
(10-20k) for the first 2-3 files, then the data rate *quickly* drops to
30-100 (yes). After a loooonnnng time at this low rate, the connection is
dropped.  I tried this at different times, and on different days, all with
the same result.

Is Omega trying to "play games" with the data downloads?  It would appear
so. Anyone else see this, or have a solution other than a *ridiculous*
amount of repeated accesses?

(3) Is there a good way to add to or recreate expired data files from .omz
data? I'd like to do it now, and might *need* to do it if/when the
disaster hits :-). It would seem that this should be easier than it is.

(4) Does anyone know if the new TS version will be *so* unfriendly with
regard to expired data?

All suggestions and ideas much appreciated...

Larry Wright