Re: And the plot thickens..

UMCANE01@xxxxxxx wrote:
>But on the horizon...a new player on the block??
>http://www.quicken.excite.com/investments/news/story/?story=/news/stories/b
w/1
>9990205/a1203.htm&symbol=omga

And when OMGA thought they had easy sailing when BB managed to piss off a
good many of his potential TL customers...<g> God, how I love this country!!!!

TH

FutureSource Announces Omega TradeStation Competitor
Friday, February 5, 1999 11:31 AM  Mail this article to a friend  new!

LOMBARD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 5, 1999--

Brand new high-end analytical software with powerful client/server
architecture will pave way for significant growth in professional trading
market.

FutureSource Information Systems, Inc. announced today that it will be
launching the industry's next generation of trading software that will
provide a true trader intuitive interface along with sophisticated charting
and analysis tools, all to run via NT networks and TCP/IP architecture.
This product is designed to be a stronger piece of analytical software than
Omega (NASDAQ: OMGA) TradeStation software using FutureSource's award
winning datafeed and its "best in the industry" customer service.

The software has been developed in partnership over the past two years with
an international development firm, and is based on over 20 years of
experience serving the professional trading, institutional and brokerage
markets. "This application will allow professional traders, for the first
time, to have the high-end analysis software tool that they want to use,
running on the platform that they need to use it on, supported by the type
of service they can depend on," noted Doug McIntyre, President of
FutureSource. "We have listened to what the professional trading market has
told us...Provide a powerful trading application, operating with client
server technology on an NT network or as a standalone, integrated with
institutional quality data, and support it with the type of service you
guys are known for," commented McIntyre. "We have been concerned for some
time about the quality of Omega's customer service and support for their
product, as well as their substantial delays in coming to market with the
new version and the Y2K fix they need to protect their current customers.
Omega has not provided FutureSource with a Y2K patch yet, and the earliest
we could expect it was the middle of this year -- our customers depend on
us to provide them with more reliable solutions. By offering our own,
better product and supporting it with our 24-hour customer service around
the world, the end user has a much better experience," stated McIntyre.

"We saw the direction that Omega was going by signing up so many different
vendors to drive TradeStation sales," added McIntyre. "We did not feel we
could maintain the quality of software and service that our customers
demand without our own high quality product."

"Our goal, very simply stated, is to replace Omega as the trading software
for the thousands of customers who use it here and abroad," McIntyre added.
"With our years of market experience and outstanding customer service, we
believe this is an attainable goal."

The software, to be named FutureSource Professional, is currently in beta
and will be available for sale in March of this year. "This clearly gives
FutureSource a competitive edge in the marketplace," adds Chris Mahlmann,
Marketing Director. "No other market data vendor can deliver the software,
network, data, and service combination that FutureSource now will be able
to provide at a price anywhere close to ours - It will be a killer package."

FutureSource Information Systems, Inc. is a recognized leader in delivering
real-time quotes and news from futures and options exchanges around the
world, and is known for the quality of its data. FutureSource, with 145
employees, has offices in Lombard, IL, Chicago, New York, Houston, Miami,
Los Angeles, London, Sydney, and Sao Paulo, along with reseller offices
that combine to serve twenty-one different countries. For more information
about FutureSource, visit http://www.futuresource.com.

CONTACT: Chris Mahlmann, Director of Marketing & Product
Development, 630-792-2001
cmahlmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
Dick La Monica, General Manager, FutureSource.com
212-668-0071