RE: Stupid Obscure Data Problem

In my experience, the inability to lock on and hold a satellite signal has nothing to do with the server's failure to establish communication with the BMI box.

With a distance of some 100 ft from my satellite to my BMI box, I have encountered any number of satellite unlocks, without ever affecting the connection between the box and the PC. Incidentally, you can still receive data when the signal is unlocked, although it's obviously not to be trusted.

I'd check the COM port on your PC. Sounds like the problem might be there.

Good luck.

Andrew