preliminary results of my system

i have recently started backtesting a system ive been working on. it is
strictly an EOD system. last night i backtested every stock in the sp500
from 1995-1998. my total trades totalled 295 (round turns). i had 159
winning trades and 136 losing trades. currently the only money
management system is 10% profit or a 10% loss. which ever comes first.
no trailing stop. the day after the signal i enter the trade if it hits
my predetermined price and when the price bar hits my stop(either at a
loss or profit) i exit the next bar at the open so it goes without
saying that i dont always make or loose 10% but over a large period of
time i dont think it would matter much. My question is this? How does
this compare to others out there like yourselves who are writting and
using systems? what percent profitablity should i be looking for before
take the plunge? i imagine that with a better money managment system my
profitability could be much better.

comments appreciated.
regards, traderzee