Re: cash ,,,,

The most reliable way to show the lead/lag relationship between the cash
and the future and to show how this relationship changes from moment to
moment is with an indicator which compares the current actual futures
price with the theoretical "fair" price.  My indicator tracks the
"excess" of the futures price over the fair price (negative when the
future is below the fair) expressed as a percentage.

Plotted as a histogram, this value wanders back and forth around zero,
spending most of its time within a narrow band defined by transaction
costs.  But any sudden, sharp move of the future causes the indicator to
jump (or drop) far outside this band, and the cash usually follows very
soon thereafter.

Carroll Slemaker