James O'Shaughnessy database

Folks:

I may have been in error in saying earlier that O'Shaughnessy used the S&P
Comstock database.  It may have been the S&P Compustat database.  His book
says
which, I'm sure.  The names sound so alike I probably got confused.

I just looked at the S&P web site, and they are inviting you to use the
Compustat database and write your own front end for it in the lang of your
choice.  I don't what the mechanics and/or price of the deal are.  But I did
notice they are offering company data back to 1987, which is significantly
less
than what O'Shaughnessy looked at.

Regards,

     Paul