RE: trading COCOA using mechanical systems

Yes my observations correspond with Scott's.  Breakout trading is
notoriously difficult in CC most of the time suffering whipsaw price action
and sig. DD.  Since commercials currently control 2/3rds of the open
interest in CC, they are masters at taking the market just far enough to
load up on new longs/shorts before reversing it.  If you're a swing trader,
CC is a great place to learn.  The margin is low, point value modest, and
the swings are good.  Breakout trades work sometimes but not the majority
historically.  Most of the time you've got to be a nimble trader in this
market.

Brian.

A year or so ago, when CC was trading between 1600-1700 and some were
expecting it to take off, there was a beginning trader who put together a
trading method from help he got from individuals on this list.  His first
trade was a winner in CC where he netted over $1000 on a breakout trade.
Because he was posting his entry points, you could follow along.  The next
couple days, his entry points were hit and he should have given some of his
initial winnings back (if he stuck to his system).  He stopped posting
shortly after that.  Does anybody know what happened to this fellow?  Is he
still on the list?  If so how's it going?