Re: CME to be shut down?

FelixTY wrote:

> If you recall, months ago, I wrote about a powerful Red Chinese industrialist who <SNIP>

Actually, let me make one last statement on this subject. In 1994, I was in
China, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Korea raising offshore funds for
a $250 million offshore fund [as principal]. I will say here and now that unless
you have witnessed it firsthand, you cannot believe just how many people,
ordinary people, are able to invest $10 million at the blink of an eye, until
you go to China, Korea and Thailand. The money inside of mainland China is
unbelievable. I could have filled four funds in six weeks, without visiting any
large-scale businessmen. And this even when most people think it is difficult
for money to flow offshore from China.

In that sense, I would say that anything is possible if you could establish a
flow out of China. But in my opinion, there is little chance anyone is
considering closing the MERC for one day or ninety.

Best,

Tim Morge