Re: NOISE

I'm not suggesting that you cant trade noise because you can.  I'm just
saying that somewhere the line should be drawn between what is noise and
what is not.  Given that then could noise have a noise level?  Could noise
have a trending level?  Could the long term direction have a short term
effect on noise weather counter or trending?  In other words could you
determine the long term trend and then weight the short term noise in that
direction or would it be better to weight the opposite noisy moves of the
long term direction?

MB

Determined to find a trading thread here..

:I have traded the SP for a long time and I saw a comment that Perry Kaufman
made in his book Smarter Trading where he states that most any thing under a
one hour time frame is just noise.  I had never tried to think about a time
frame setting the threshold for noise, I had always considered volatility
and range to determine noise.