Re: Filtering Junk

> "Steve Helme" <shelme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> notes:
> >I have now setup 90 different inbox assistant filters to either
> >delete messages entirely based upon the sender or move them to a
> >folder labeled "omega probable junk".  It would have been so much
> >easier if one could just do the same thing for any message that has
> >a high caps/letters ratio, and even better if you could just specify
> >fuzzy things like "obvious spam" or "obvious vendor" or "knee jerk Omega
> >defender" or whatever
>
> What you describe is trivial for procmail.  You can be as precise
> or as fuzzy as you like, with its weighted scoring feature.  Of
> course, it's not a Microsoft product...
>
> Jim

BRILLIANT idea by Steve - I suggest JIMO to read ALL mails before forwarding
and give them a rating for:

(10 is the BEST)

1-10 for trading related
1-10 for OMEGA related
1-10 for EL related
1-10 for advertising by a poster (aka PO and DD)
1-10 for advertising by a SPAMMER (obvious names <g>)
1-10 for silly question
1-10 for silly answer
1-10 for rude answer
 10  for MB-style-answer to SPAMMERS
1-10 for NON-US-poster
1-10 for german-joke-nobody-will-get-it
1-10 for b.s.offers from Brokers (no comish <g>)
etc

and put that number into the header, so a subject could read sth like

2573691234 for "My cats eaten the TS manual"

Steve can now reduce his 90 filters to eleven and send us all a copy so we can
use it.

thanks in advance

rgds hans
going to feed my zebra now