RE: Easy Language Documentation: The Finale

Pierre wrote:

"Again, read twice before posting to this list.
I know of what I speak, me.

You should also consider to subscribe to TS Express.
You will be pleased to see that I'm still the technical editor of Bill
Brower's journal.

Rather than to continue this discussion where you are losing battle after
battle..."

Once again -- that's about 20 times now -- Pierre you have missed the point.
My contention was that you nit picked my original 1 line function for stupid
things -- things which everybody agrees don't matter in functions like this.

You also made several incorrect assumptions which you didn't bother to
verify before submitting.  One was the function was never intended to be
plotted.  YOU SHOULD READ YOUR LETTERS TWICE.  Such hypocracy is so typical
from your pontificatory camp.

I originally posted code to demonstrate how what Earl was talking about
could be done.  The code was never the issue but you quickly made it one to
settle an old score.  I was not attempting to document a CLEVER approach to
EL programming.  This was an incorrect assumption.  I was trying to show how
solving for a variable could be done.  I provided EL code because it was the
easiest way to show the mathematical relationship.

But NO, you had to go and make it into code issue to try and demonstrate
just what a BIG guy you were.  SO WHOSE THE ONE WITH THE EGO?  No doubt you
have spent a great deal of time with EL as I have with my studies but please
make sure you HAVE THE POINT BEFORE YOU LEAP!!!!  I KNOW THAT YOU PROBABLY
ONLY UNDERSTAND ABOUT 1/2 OF WHAT I WRITE DUE TO THE LANGUAGE BARRIER BUT
SHUOLD YOU REALLY CRITICIZE FOR SOMETHINGS YOU CAN"T FULLY UNDERSTAND?

I have actually been complimentary of your EL code in the past.  Did you
forget this?

Clever programming isn't my style.  I code to get it done and make sure that
it works reliably.  If turns out to be elegant and clever great.  If not so
what -- it still works and works reliably.  I have more advanced EL code
(the iterative pivot point finder) and a lot of other stuff.  I don't trade
systems so I don't write systems and I would never be so pretentious to say
I did.

Please Pierre, continue attempting to help people on this list.  And I hope
they continue to buy your stuff.

But for everyone's sake and mine make sure you get the facts straight before
rushing off to repair your damaged ego and settle old scores.

Regards,
Brian.