Re: Backing up your data.... Here's the best way!

>Subject:          Backing up your data.... Here's the best way!
>   Date:          Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:42:03 -0500
>   From:          "Mason" <Mason99@xxxxxxxxx>
>     To:          "Omega-list@xxxxxxx com" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>Disk Image will make a copy of any partition & save it to any other
>partition or drive, & restorable from an easy window like DOS format. >Every setting for every program is saved, read about it at: >www.egghead.com  $69
>
>Mike M.

The backing-up of data to a second hard drive has been mentioned here
before, even by me.  I used to think it was a great idea.  And I still
do, for short-term backup.  But I have twice had crashes wherein both
disks were lost; once Windows95 seemed to devour itself and the D;
drive.  Some of the data was recoverable.  The second crash was not so
lucky.  THe C: drive physically died, but I also lost the data on the
D:.  I don't know how that happened.

Although daily backup to a second drive is probably OK, you should
frequently backup to another system or removeable drive.  I use CD-R.
(Even at 650MB it is not always enough :-)

You've been warned.

dionc