Perpetual Contracts

	Never understood why anyone would backtest anything on a perpetual
contract, There is no such thing in the real world, why fool around with
something that will always remain hypothetical. When I test a new idea in
the S&P, I go back contract by contract to 1992. Results from a continuous
contract would have no meaning for me since one can never trade it.

	The bar limit inherent in TS 4.0 isn't important either, unless you are
looking at a one minute chart for an entire contract.

	Don't fool yourself. Results from a perpetual contract "might" give you a
notion as to whether or not a system or methodology might work...but the
proof lies with real data on real contracts...not someone's idea of
stringing together fake numbers.

	IMHO.

	Jim