Re: SP on Globex

> Just a curiosity, something I have never seen before.  I am watching the
> SP500 on globex at 5 am new york time.

I think you mean 0611 Ny time - thats when that trade happened

> The market just ticked down to its low of the day at 1130 for one trade,
> and I saw that there was 529 lots on the bid at 1130.

What silly axxx has hit that bid ? <g>

If the bid was there, you could have seen before as it didn't need to tick a the
price, if that was the best bid at the time

> I guess this is someone manipulating the market to support it at this
> level. Is this common, it is the first time I have seen a bid or offer on
> globex greater than 20-30 lots.

You're right, its uncommon for that time - usually GLOBEX gets bigger around
0800 NY time......just before bonds open

> Waiting to see of they are still there next time down.

I have seen several times things like this come up and DISAPPEAR <g>

.....whats the chances for such a bid to get filled at that time of day - ZERO......

I assume someone tries to push the market, the same happens in other markets
as well and MOSTLY in electronic markets as its anonymous and nobody knows
who it was and why.

rgds hans