Re: Position size strategies

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Position size strategies
  • From: UWKaestner@xxxxxxxxxxx (Ulrich-Wolfram Kästner)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:36:11 -0500 (EST)

> Dans un courrier daté du 04/11/98 12:35:52 Heure d12iver Pari52 Madrid,
> UWKaestner@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
>

> >  I used your hint in a system:
> >
> >  Vars: ce(0);    {closed equity}
> >
> >  ce=GrossProfit+GrossLoss;
> >
> >  if ce<>ce[1] then
> >  begin
> >     if ce<ce[1]
> >     then NoContracts=1
> >     else NoContracts=2;
> >  end;
> >

> >  This code is LATE one bar, too !
> >  (Regarding the function I_ClosedEquity in indicators.)
> >  Unfortunately this isn´t  the solution.
> >
> >  Regards,
> >  Ulrich
> >

> The code is right in time when used in a system,

as per definition !    ;-)

> because closed equity change is know the next bar after the exit signal,
> (you wait  if ce<ce[1] to check it).

That´s the point ! ...and my problem.

> You may want to use marketposition instead, but in any case you must wait the
> completion of the considered bar to change the Contract status, this
> information being unavailable before.

That´s what I feared.

Actually there is no way to code the simple task ("trade the half size after a
loss") in Easy Language.
(Without
- changing to a shorter time frame,
- using DLLs,
- testing all the entry- and exit-conditions to evaluate if the system is long,
  short or flat yet and calculate the position profit/-loss,
- writing data to a file an using it from the system (works only for backtesting).

...and including an other cause of the fault.

Please drop a few (EL-) lines if I am wrong. Maybe other people are interested in
the solution of this sort of problems, too.

> Sincerely,
>
> Pierre Orphelin

Pierre Orphelin, thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Ciao,
Ulrich