Re: SPDR's & DIA's anyone trading them?

At 10:40 AM 11/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I was taking a look at SPDR's & DIAMONDS, dose anyone have any thoughts on
>them?
>
>What I liked was that they trade like stocks (with no expire date like
>options), but I was hoping there was options traded on them, but I couldn't
>find any. I really don't like AMEX & these are AMEX index's, do they have
>the liquidity?
>
>Thanks, Mike

The SPDR's (SPY) typically trade over 5 million shares a day and about
twice this on active days. The DIAMONDS (DIA) usually trade over half a
million shares. The SPY looks fine in terms of liquidity to me, but ask
your broker for the bid/ask spread and size to see if it fits your
situation. Good trading.

Chris Ridder