Re: Position size strategies

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Position size strategies
  • From: UWKaestner@xxxxxxxxxxx (Ulrich-Wolfram Kästner)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 06:37:29 -0400 (EST)

Pierre Orphelin,

thanks for explaining the dependencies !

In my initial message I stated:

> My first attempt to code "trade the half size after a loss" in a system
> is LATE one bar:
>
> value1=TotalTrades;
>
> if value1<>value1[1] then
> value2=NetProfit+OpenPositionProfit;
>
> if value2<value2[1]
> then NoContracts=1
> else NoContracts=2;

I used your hint in a system:

Vars: ce(0);    {closed equity}

ce=GrossProfit+GrossLoss;

if ce<>ce[1] then
begin
   if ce<ce[1]
   then NoContracts=1
   else NoContracts=2;
end;

This code is LATE one bar, too !
(Regarding the function I_ClosedEquity in indicators.)
Unfortunately this isn´t  the solution.

Regards,
Ulrich