OMEGA's Y2K Latest Published Stance?!?!?

Hello ALL,

I haven't been following the list lately... Sorry!

I don't know if everyone is aware of this or not??
But, I happen to be by the Omega Web-site today and read their
"LATEST" Promise regarding the Y2K issue!!

Entire message at:
http://www.omegaresearch.com/html/body_year_2000_issues.html

> EXCERP from the above mentioned message....
.... "We will use commercially reasonable efforts to complete the Year
2000 solution by no later than June 30, 1999. However, there can be no
assurance that unanticipated difficulties will not delay the Company"s
Year 2000 efforts, or that modifications made will not adversely
affect existing functionality of the products in ways not currently
anticipated by the Company. There will be no Year 2000 modifications
or solutions for any versions of the Company"s products introduced
prior to the current shipping versions, or for any products not
specifically named above."......

Seems to me they are "CUTTING" it a little thin here... aren't they??

NOT only that.... they go on to say.........
"there can be no assurance that unanticipated difficulties will not
delay the Company"s Year 2000 efforts, or that modifications made will
not adversely affect existing functionality of the products in ways
not currently anticipated by the Company."

WHAT DAMN EFFORTS!!!   THIS IS A COP-OUT!!!!

Looks as though ALL the version 3.5 & prior people are S.O.L!!!

God, if their stock wasn't already about as low as it could go... I'D
SHORT THE HELL OUT OF THEM!!

Tim M..... LOOK OUT, I'm starting to collect "BROWN PAPER BAGS!!"

JMB
TraderGuy@xxxxxxx