Re: OFF TOPIC: DIGEST FORMAT

I had exactly the same problem - and if you are using Microsoft Internet
Mail the following should solve it.

The digests were arriving at my ISP (I could interrogate their server and
see them sitting there), and they appeared to be downloading to my
computer. But they didn't appear in my inbox.

Turns out that this is a *known* bug with Microsoft Internet Mail that
sometimes files with attachments go missing. The solution is to set up a
filter to activate the Inbox Assistant which stops this bug occuring.

So I created a folder called omegadigest and I have an Inbox Assistant rule
which says:
Move to 'omegadigest' if From contains 'omega-digest-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
and it works perfectly.

Now I have a related problem which perhaps a digest user can help with.
Opening the digest message puts up an icon for each attached message. At
present I drag these onto the desktop and then double click on them to
open, read, close, and delete them from the desktop. This is a tedious and
time-consuming process.

Is there an easier way?

Hugh.