Re: Trading discussion

oh, 'bout a year.  it took this long to get comfortable with 5 min
rather than daily charts. i did not daytrade during this transition
period.

back in '82 and '83, the s&p atr was much less, around 200-300 pts.
800 pt moves only happened once or twice a month.

now with 20-30 handle atr's, it's easier to get freaked out when price
ticks 1/2 a handle a whack.

TJ

---Donald Thompson <detomps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How long did it take you to psychologically move from day trading to
position trading?  I am finding it really difficult to maintain a
position.. I guess the noise freaks me out.