Re. The Emperor's New Clothes

I must admit, I'm in agreement with Phil here. Personally, I
find most of Neil W's posts tend to be exercises in
self-promotion, cloaked as 'newbie help' (I'm referring to
the 'continued portrayal as an expert' type of
self-promotion).

There seems to be this,
white-coated-expert-therefore-anything-he-posts-must-not-be-
questioned attitude going on. In fact, most of his comments
on what he refers to as, "back testing" are lacking in any
real information and are based mainly on his own personal
opinion that historical prices can't be used to trade
markets (this *is* what you mean, right?). If he thinks I've
got the wrong end of the stick then will he please explain
EXACTLY what he does means by "back testing" so that we may
all gain something from his wisdom.

The stuff that he has recently posted, and that Phil refers
to, is mainly groundless opinions based on past occurrences
of events - hedged in the usual way. What DOES N.W. sell?
It's obviously not systems. It is probably seminars and
lectures. Neil? Care to enlighten us?

I'm not simply criticising him for the hell of it - although
the righteous indignation that will predictably ensue will
assume this. What I'm trying to do is even the balance a bit
- something that anyone who wears 'expert's clothing' should
expect. I'm also not claiming that NW doesn't have valuable
knowledge to impart regarding trading. What I take issue
with is the somewhat condescending manner in which he
promotes himself (condescending in the sense that the
assumption is most of us are too stupid to see through it).

Lastly, here's a riddle. There is someone else here who
plays a similar game. He allies himself with the good guys,
makes a lot of fairly intelligent comments, passes on some
good info. and then ever so quietly sells something (hint. A
manual for $300 +). IMO this is the worst type of vendor.
They legitimately attack unscrupulous vendors and thus gain
dubious legitimacy. This is then followed by an offering
their wares. In this case, the person quite rightly
criticised the non-believers for asking the real traders for
proof of their success. He then posted an unsolicited
testimonial for his product - almost daring anyone to now
ask HIM for proof that he is what he says he is, and that
his product is indeed the valuable day trading resource that
he has now so magnanimously bestowed upon us mere mortals.

John Bond

PS. I will not be participating further on this subject in
order not to reduce the S/N ratio of the list - feel free to
have the last word.........

>Then they make a prediction. The point in this case seems
to be that it