Re: y2k woes & omega

Robert,

I do not claim to speak "for Omega". As my previous email stated, "In all
fairness to everyone (ie Omega, their clients, etc) involved", it's simply a
case of people, ie Trader Jack(and you), not understanding or remembering that
Omega is first and foremost a software company. Therefore, like other software
companies, will unfortunately have "bugs" in their software. The client
accepts that very fact by accepting the Software License Agreement. Remember
what that is Robert? The bunch of words that formed paragraphs on the original
paper envelope that contained your software? Whether it was a CD or in
diskettes? YOU have accepted the fact that the software may have "bugs". So
YOU (the client) are basically at the "mercy" of the software company (ie
Omega) figuratively speaking.

I am sure Omega will have a fix as soon as possible for the "Y2K Problem".
Common sense will tell anyone that knows the IT industry (IT means Information
Technology, Robert) that their first priority is going to be getting TS 5.0
out the door. Common sense would also tell you, that because they are
obviously trying to hire (versus what Mark Brown has said) MORE windows
developers, they are short on staff. So what does that mean? Maybe that they
don't have the staff (ie programmers, window developers) to work on BOTH,
TS4.0 and TS5.0? So like ALL software companies they need to prioritize where
they assign their resources (ie programmers) I mean, is your TS 4.0 NOT
functioning now because of the Y2K problems. The answer is no. Why? BECAUSE
IT'S NOT EVEN 1999 YET!! YOU and the rest of this "List" need to calm down and
RELAX! You ALL will get your "fix" like the heroin addicts that you all are.
One thing you ALL need to reread, is the Software License Agreement. And just
hope that Omega doesn't leave you all out in the cold. In my opinion because
of that License agreement, I bet they could, if they wanted to.

Umcane01
Computer Consultant for Y2K Solutions