Re: Purpose of Omega List

Doug Deming wrote:

> >>  Pierre's correct: if all we do is continue to complain TO THE LIST...we
> >>  should all sign up for psychiatric assistance.  I think Bill Cruz
> >>  figured out long ago that if that's all we did then we'd be
> >>  "well-contained" and, hence, no "real" problem.  He's absolutely right.
> >>
> >>  Time to break out of the box.
> >>
> >>  Dave
> >>
> >OK.
> >Go out of the box and explain all of this to the Court.
> >This is not the purpose of this list doing no more than lobbying.
>
> I agree with Pierre. This list is becoming nothing more than a whine and
> complain list. The list used to be a forum where we could help newbies,
> brain storm, share ideas, and offer solutions to ELA programming problems.
> Many fine add on products and system concepts have emerged from ideas and
> needs expressed on the list. Many people have received value from list
> participation.

That's your personal view of the things ... Please don't tell me, that Pierr did
mention .... ! After I have seen your web side, I imaging, why you so
aggressive. No one better than you can imaging, what will happen to your
business, if OMEGA will not produce a Y2K patch or any other Y2k compliant s/w,
because you are 100% dependent from OMEGA witch your collection of stuff.

> We all know that (1) Omega has a law suit filed against it, (2) Some
> customers are really PO'd at Omega for various reasons, (3) Customers want a
> Y2K patch for 4.0, (4) TS4 has some problems, (5) There may be some new
> charting packages released including WOW, TradeLabs, and TS5.0. All of which
> are currently under development.

If Bob from TL is seeing the possibility of getting filled a law suite against
him and his product after release ? Is there some opportunity for that in the US
? Maybe he is thinking about that because the release date for TL is delaying as
also for Y2K, WoW, etc. !

> I'd like to suggest the people dissatisfied with Omega TS leave the Omega
> list and let the rest of us make the best of what we have with TS4.0.

Doug, what do you expect from this list, if the best of the contributors will
leave it ? Nothing against you, sorry, but I will leave to because I would
expect after that 99% FAQ's like: should I try this system ?, should I buy this
book, why does TS start up - oh, sorry, I forgot to switch on my PC, etc. - for
me, I would expect waste of time, maybe not for you  ! Since August '98 I'm
saving the best ideas from the list and all the bashers + Pierr contributed to
my personal archive ! Sorry, but I did not find only one message from you in my
personal archive, maybe I have missed something ?

Best Regards
Frank

PS: I will buy TS V5.0 , the Y2K patch and TL if available - no doubt about it.
I will not waist time with WoW and MetaStock ? Already I've a collection of
additional great trading s/w. I think that s/w is not the key for success and
stopped testing, testing, testing, etc.