Politically Incorrect translation : Re: Window on Wallstreet Day Trader Pro

  • To: Omega-list <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Politically Incorrect translation : Re: Window on Wallstreet Day Trader Pro
  • From: Orphelin@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

Commercial discurse has alway been my worst nightmare.
Never forget that the ancient Greeks had the same Godness for merchant and
thieves.

Lets translate now into politically incorrect:
===============================

Dans un courrier daté du 23/10/98 02:25:52é Pari52 Madrid,
sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> FR:  Sean Davis, Window On WallStreet
>  TO:  The Omega List
>
>  There have been a number of questions on this list about Day Trader Pro
>  since we announced its pending release months ago.  My apologies if this
>  email falls in the "too much information category", but I'd like to answer
>  the many publicly and privately asked questions about our products,
pricing,
>  and shipping schedules.
>
>  We originally targeted the 2nd Quarter of '98 for the completion of
>  TradeTalk and release of Day Trader Pro.  However, we focused more of our
>  resources on the development of our real-time data service, the Financial
>  Data Cast Network (FDCN), and the Internet-integrated products of our
>  version 7.0 software.
>
>  We are currently shipping both Day Trader 7.0 and Internet Trader Pro 7.0,
>  and FDCN is pushing real-time data and full-text news across the web right
>  now.  With these new products and services shipping and online, we are
close
>  to releasing a beta version of Day Trader Pro.

TR:
We fall int he same category than the other software companies: We are unable
to keep our delay straight.
Omega, TradeLab, WOW, same thing.
But we have excuses.
We work.

>  WHEN SHIPPING? ---
>  You can expect Day Trader Pro to ship in the first quarter of 1999 after a
>  beta period to begin shortly.  Note that our company's beta testing periods
>  tend to measure in weeks rather than months as our Day Trader 7.0 testers
>  will attest.
>
>  Those interested in being a beta tester can email their interest to --
>  solutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TR
We cannot say for sure if the next delay will be kept.
However, be prepared to our next offer.

>  YEAR 2000 COMPLIANT? ---
>  Yes, all the products we ship are Y2000 complaint.  Day Trader Pro, of
>  course, will also be.

TR
Any stupid company will have a Y2000 compliant product before Y2000, so we are
like others: we want to sell after Y2000.
Only very very stupid companies will develop Y2000 non compliant software
after Y2000, so we have only a few month to still use this commercial
argument.

>  E.L. COMPATIBLE? ---
>  Day Trader Pro will be fully compatible with existing EL code.  We have
also
>  focused on correcting many of the limitations inherent in EL, therefore we
>  believe that the same code will actually run better on Day Trader Pro than
>  it will on a TS platform.  If you are not currently using EL extensively,
>  the existing programming language in WoW products will probably meet all of
>  your needs.

TR
If you are an extensive EL user, be careful, because we cannot guarantee that
you code will act the same in both products, despite of our enhancements to
the language.
(We write this because we do not want a lawsuit from Mark Brown, now occupied
to sue Metastock that does not work from  his own words).

If you are not using EL intensively, you are probably so dumb that you will
not see any difference with the original TS code.

>  PRICING? ---
>  Day Trader Pro will be priced at $2,499, however there will be an
>  introductory special and competitive upgrades offered.  For example, those
>  who purchase Day Trader now get one full year of real-time data and
>  full-text news for FREE.

We are not cheaper than Omega, and we add $100 as a bonus.
Of course it was not so easy to develop a TS clone...so it costs money.
We need to quick recover cash now. An IPO is impossible after Omega's.

>  REAL-TIME vs. EOD ---
>  ALL of our products now support real-time data, even our $50 version sold
at
>  CompUSA.  Internet Trader products support RT data in quote lists and
minute
>  bar charts, but for intraday analysis, whether RT or delayed, you will need
>  Day Trader or Day Trader Pro.  NOTE that for EOD users -- our "TradeTalk"
>  module will be available as a separate upgrade to Internet Trader Pro (IT
>  Pro replaces Professional Investor 5.0 in our product line) so you need not
>  step up to Day Trader Pro (or TS) unless you need to perform intraday
>  analysis and testing.

TR
Our previous Metastock like pseudo language was the biggest mistake that we
ever made.
We are trying to stick to a real programming language now.
But the upgrade will not be  probably for free.

>  PERFORMANCE and SYSTEM REQ'S ---
>  One of our beta testers for v.7 actually ran the program on a 486, though
we
>  recommend any Pentium class machine with Windows 95, 98, or NT.  Version
7.0
>  is our 3rd 32-bit version of software so we are quite experienced in this
>  type of code.

TR
Well...our software runs on computers.

>  INTERNET, BROADCAST, and NETWORK versions ---
>  Currently, Day Trader 7.0 is only shipping in an "Internet Version", but
our
>  existing customers and those that prefer to use broadcast data feeds can
>  expect broadcast versions shortly.  Feeds currently supported with v.6 are
>  DTN, DBC, BMI, S&P Comstock, and PC Quote.  Institutional/Network versions
>  will also be available.

TR
well, well.
Our server that is not our server has the  above propertie that belongs to his
owner.

>  LINKS --
>  Customer Service & Sales - 800-998-8439 or 972-470-4700
>  Info - wowinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  Day Trader info - http://www.windowonwallstreet.com/dt7internet.html
>  Internet Trader product tour -
>  http://www.windowonwallstreet.com/touroverview.html
>  FDCN info - http://www.windowonwallstreet.com/FDCN/datamain.cfm
>
>  Regards and good trading
>  -SMD
>  Sean M. Davis, VP
>  Window On WallStreet Inc.

-As Pierre Orphelin uses Omega List as his own ad media, we cannot see what we
could not do the same.
-But It's an Omega List ?
 -Bah! ...

Next time when you will open your WOW-List, please let me know, and I'll
advertise for my Omega compatible products on it.

PO