Re: Omega boycott

At 11:13 PM 10/20/98 -0700, fpi@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>I was considering OptionStation, but decided to pass on it for the present.
>
>I would not even consider this product. I bought it a year ago. It's not
>bad. It's terrible for the price.
>they would do much better licensing Excel and customizing it. You can not
>trust it for even simple spread strategy. It's not consistant in it's
>'calculations, not user friendly, etc. Unfortunately it's a joke, and I
>have a poor sense of humour.
>
>Regards,
>
>Yuri K
>
>Vancouver, WA
>
>Festina lente
>
>***Am I now in the rather awkward position of owing Omega a thank you for
>lying to me about the Y2K patch & inadvertently saving me from OptionStation?
>
>FPI

Ditto,
You know what I think the reason Omega will not give a progress report on
Y2K patch is? They have made no progress. Their balance sheet is amazingly
strong for such a small company and might be considered a take over
candidate because of it. If they don't start making their numbers down the
road I would be looking for a reverse split to push the stock price up to
stay listed. The stock holders would really hate that lose all the
leverage. I just don't think they can survive charging the prices they do
in the not to distant future to compete and remain profitable. I predict
they will start leasing to the major discount brokerage houses soon to get
in on the Internet boom. That would not be good news to people like me that
paid 2400 bucks for its use but its coming. That would be a good reason to
buy Omega stock later I think if I'm right.
Robert