Re: BouncingTicks_was get this

:  When you booted up this morning, you had a fake trade based on the fake
:storage of data known as bouncing ticks.
:  Your realtime results were accurate based on real data. Nothing.
:  So you didn't actually lose a trade between yesterday and today.
:  Where you actually lost the trade was when you developed the rules
:for your system based on the falsely-stored data.
:  Hypothetically, had the data been stored correctly by TS, your system
:developement may have allowed for the proper adjustment to catch the
:trade in realtime. So you can still blame it on bouncing ticks.

It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking of exiting the server and then
re-entering it to confirm the signal. But if I do that, wouldn't I lose
ticks in between exiting and entering the server? ;-) So I can't even do
that to confirm a signal.

Of course, I can run TS on 2 computers, exit one to confirm while the other
one is still collecting data (and then paste the data in the other machine
some time after the close). Of course, unless I get another TS, this would
be impossible. Unless I get safesoft but then this would violate the
licensing agreement, wouldn't it? So, what should I do?

Is there anyone out there willing to sell me TS with a block? I bid $1.00
plus shipping cost. Seriously. Without the year 2000 patch, this thing will
be next to useless once we try to start collect data for the March 2000
contracts After 12/31/99, unless we get a patch, all this thing is good for
is painting pretty pictures and historical backtesting. (which, I have to
admit, it does very well).