Re: Worst trade of the year buying Omega

  • To: "Neal T. Weintraub" <ntw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Worst trade of the year buying Omega
  • From: Trade Jack <trade_jack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:41:11 -0400 (EDT)

that's why i gave "2" scenarios; to cover my ass if i'm wrong on one
or the other. it's called "trading", but of course you knew that.

i don't know why you're ragging on me 'bout backtesting 'cause i
rarely optimize stuff more than once. i'm a discretionary trader that
uses indicators, systems, and yes, spreads, ratios, and intuition.
yes, i use ts and was lied to by omega in the past.  but that's water
under the bridge now and tradelab in a rising star on the horizon.

the "historic" argument is getting stale for this stock bull market
'cause it is "historic". i imagine it will keep getting more
"historic" when it breaks out to new highs. banking on comparsions
with past bear markets may be risky, especially since this 16 year
bull has not acted like prior bulls.

i love intuition; it's part of my trading plan.  but remember that one
person's intuition may be better than another's.  still can't program
it in ts, though.

enjoyed jerkin yer chain tonight.

see ya

TJ

---"Neal T. Weintraub" <ntw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The spread between DJIA and S&P is at historic distance. For the last
five bear markets widing of the Spread meant a sideways to bear
market. Of course
I cannot back test this, since I only have a sample of five. I may
have to rely on intuition. Oh no. Not that. Yes, that. Of course I
could wait another 26 bear markets and test it.