Re: 200 Period Moving Average!

According to my stats, the 200Ma story is still a mixed-bag at this point in
time-- with a possible slightly Bullish bias.

SPX, OEX, and Dow-30 all closed slightly above their 200Ma on Friday.
NASD-100 is well above and NASD Composite well below its 200Ma.

The 200Ma on the Dow turned down on August 27 for the first time since Oct.
'97 and ticked up only this past October 9.   At this point, it looks like
it could be a mirror-image of the situation in Oct. 97, when the 200Ma's
ticked down for a day or two then reversed upward.  Volume should provide
the key to any upside confirmation.

Of course, if Greenie slips another few basis points under the door, all
conventional TA is in for a jolt.

I would be interested in hearing any other comments on this subject or other
perspectives on the current technical situation in the Market.