Re: E-Mini Quotes Lead S&P

Chris wrote:
>Today's action in the e-mini is quite disturbing, considering how bids
>completely evaporated for a bit after the fed announcement.  I wonder
>whether its due to lack of participation, or perhaps traders can't type bids
>and offers quick enough into globex.......

It's a matter of pain. You can almost literally be killed
trying to make a market after "announcements" or when
numbers are released. Much more prudent to do a "global
cancel" and wait on the sidelines. That's basically what
happened today; as fast as traders were punching "hit" and
"take" buttons, others were cancelling their bids and/or
offers. Probably easier in the pits......simple matter of
keeping your mouth shut and crossing your arms.

Best regards,
Jim