Re: Trend or No Trend, Gambler Indicators

Sorry if I have scratched some sore point.  Dear O Dear!

You must be nearly as long in the tooth as I am....

I am not promoting a system for me or anyone else. I have written a manual
on reading the tape, in relation to the T-Bonds. That is all.  It is written
for newbies, in the hope of saving them some of the ghastly experience of
trying to find out what's what in an industry that offers no training to
anyone on anything that is likely to actually make money.

You are obviously a hardened veteran of the pits and I am sorry that you
call a fact an opinion.  What I stated was a fact, if you re-read what I
posted, I hope you will agree.  Where the opinion comes in is purely on the
use.   Some people (including yourself, perhaps?) have found indicators - or
some of them? - to have been useful for your type of trading.   Fine.  I
have no quarrel with that at all.  My only argument is about lagging or
leading.   For me price leads, simply because it is the price.  It is the
leading edge.  Nothing else can possibly lead price.  It is impossible.  I
believe that to be a fact.

All the rest, granted, is opinion.

I am certainly not wishing to lecture anyone on how to watch price - but I
am sure there are a lot of traders that could well do with learning to do
just that.  In the end, for day traders, it is the only sure and secure way
of trading.  Now that is opinion.  But, in my opinion, it would take the
Holy Grail of a system to prove it wrong.  And if there isn't a Holy Grail,
then perhaps the opinion is after all fact.

Best wishes

Bill Eykyn

>you and no one else has answered my question of why many prominent
>authors say momentum and acceleration are "leading" indicators?  also,
>my experience has shown this to be true. so, i disagree with your
>opinion. and that's all it is, is an "opinion."  also, i don't need to be
lectured by you or anyone else on how to watch price.