TradeStation Server and Windows NT

Thanks for all the help with this NT problem.  This list is an
incredibly valuable resource.
Since I'm not the only one with this problem, I'm pasting in the
solution below just received from Omega Tech Support.
-David

\/\/\/\/

This is the fix for the Hardware not present problem. We received an
email
from Mr. Jim Gavey, with your email included, so I am sending you the
answer
too.

Windows NT sometimes looses track of it's comports. To correct your
problem,
please do the following:
1. Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.
2. Double click on the Ports icon. Make sure to add com1, with it's
correct settings, if it's not there.
3. Click on Start, then Find, Files or Folders. Look for the following
file: Boot.ini
4. Under the Operating Systems section, you should have two lines, both
of which start with something like Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0)
partition,
etc. At the end of each line do the following
- Click on the spacebar to add a space and type the
following:/noserialmice+noserialmice
- Save the changes and restart the computer.

The boot.ini file should look as follows:
[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00" /noserialmice=noserialmice
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos /noserialmice=noserialmice

After this change, you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Best wishes
Christine Fabre
Customer Support
Omega Research, Inc.