Re: Trend or No Trend

Dans un courrier daté du 13/10/98 16:55:15  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 Excellent words. Print the above posting and frame it. This is the essence
 of why conventional indicators are gambler functions. They tell you where
 things have been (past tense). They only work when the trend is strong
 enough that hopping on late still leaves some steam as well as room to
 exit, wherever that point comes.

 Gambler functions are not leading indicators.

 So the question becomes, "Is there information in the price series and
 other intermarket information that can give short-term predictability?" If
 there is, it probably doesn't reside in tired combinations of even more
 tired indicators like ADX, RSI, etc.

 Allan >>

I'm pleased to say again that you will be able to prove yourself wrong in less
than 15 days.

If you have not done that before , please check

<A HREF="http://www.sirtrade.com/fuzproof.htm file">
http://www.sirtrade.com/fuzproof.htm file</A>

...and try to explain how I was able to build a trading sytem trained on 2,500
bars of SP10min and tested on 40,000 bars of unseen data ( including daily
data!) ONLY by using ADX , DMI plus and DMIMinus Gambling indicators( I can
reproduce this kind of result with any  "gambling"indicator set making sense).

The next step will be to reproduce my results with YOUR data and  the
evaluation version available for free by the end of the month .

If you stil think that indicators are gambling indicators because they do not
work with the simple rules than one can write with TS or any hand coding
editor, I guess that we could then  agree.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin