Re: EL Question

At 8:30 AM -0400 10/13/98, Bill Vedder wrote:

>Can any of the EL experts field this?
>
>Is there a way to automatically add text to a chart using EL (similar to
>using the EL commands to draw trendlines)? I know it can be done using
>the editing feature in TS but I want to add text to a chart as part of a
>system.

There are a group of largely undocumented commands to do this. Below is a
sample of part of some code I used to do this. This will show the
functions. See the on-line help to see how to use these functions.

Bob Fulks

--------

{Display text}

begin
	VLevel = High + 0.5;
	Value4 = StOffset/2;
	DLine  = iff(Mod(StOffset, 2) = 0, 2, 0);

	Value1 = Text_New(Date[Value4],Time[Value4], VLevel + BoxSize, Str);
	Value2 = Text_SetStyle(Value1,DLine,2);
	Value2 = Text_SetColor(Value1,Tool_Yellow);

	Display = FALSE;
	Plot1(BPoint,"Buy");
end;