Re: Bonds down another point

Stewart, the chart may not look very good right now, but what about the
fundamentals?  As Robert pointed out, Fed rate cuts will be bullish, but
here's two other things to consider.  The federal government has gone from
running $300+ billion annual deficits to de facto surpluses in just a few
years.  You can't just look at demand, you have to look at supply as well,
and that's an enormous contraction in a short period of time.  The other
bullish fundamental is the inevitable decline in the inflation premium
expectation from bondholders.  In an era of disinflation, bond purchasers
will accept a smaller spread between real and nominal interest rates, which
will result in higher bond prices.

Bruce