Re: Help using daily refresh data

At 11:11 PM -0400 10/11/98, Clint Chastain wrote:

>No not basic at all. I too have been bamboozled by this question, though
>truthfully, I haven't spent much time tinkering with it.
>
>Can anyone offer any tips?

I do this all the time with no problems. Omega Support says to only do it
using the Offline Server but I find it works OK for me with either server.
Here is the process I use:

Download the file from the Omega site using FTP. It will have the extension
".omz"

Under the "File" menu while in the Server, select "Paste In"

In the dialog box, select the directory where the .omz data is located. The
file name should appear in the window. Highlight the file you want to paste
in. (You can highlight several files at the same time.)

Click on "Auto Paste".

It should paste in the data for the symbols in your portfolio. It will not
paste in data for other symbols so you need to make sure the symbols you
want are in your portfolio before you start.

If you use, for example, BMI symbols, you can still paste in the data from
the Signal .omz file since it will translate the Signal symbols to BMI
signals for most of the commonly used symbols. This is handy if one of the
Omega servers has problems on any day.

One possible problem is disk space. You need enough disk space to allow the
.omz file to be expanded from the compressed format. The operation will
fail if you have too little space on the disk where the .omz file is (such
as from a floppy disk).

Bob Fulks