From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Sean M. Davis <sdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ralph M. Stone
<Tenbfive@xxxxxxx>; product.quality <product.quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Neal T. Weintraub <thevindicator@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Mitch Ackles
<mitch.ackles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Melody Blais
<Melody.Blais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; John Sweeney S&C <JSweeney@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
Janette Perez <Janette.Perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Bill Cruz
<OfficeOfThePresident@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Omega List
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; The Omega Man <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, October 11, 1998 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: WHY BACKTESTING WORKS

>The key is to choose a model which performs well in backtesting, and then
*stick to that model*.

>The Omega Man

Hey, I'll keep this letter because its the ONLY  thing I have seen Omega
Spam write that I agree with.  You should relay that theory of sticking to
the model to your employer Bill Cruz.   See when Bill Cruz started up he had
a good Corporate Model.  To provide a good product with reasonable service,
he showed a genuine concern for the company, employees, clients and the
software.   Then he transformed himself into a greedy little "you fill in
the words".  He my friend has deviated so much from the model that there is
no hope of recovery.  There is not enough capital left in the account to
keep trading.  He is essentially perpetually on margin call.   The board of
directors should vote to fire him and his dead beat brother.   They have
milked the cow dry and there is nothing left.   Does anyone want to comment
on how the Lawsuit settlement has affected their finances?   I wish someone
who was part of the settlement would fill us all in on was agreed upon.  If
someone will send me the details of it I will post them here.  I think the
numbers would be staggering, and make those that purpose to support Omega go
into shock.

MB

ps Money has changed Bill Cruz into a moron, akin to Howard Hughes.  He
lives in his little Omega World Bubble and its about to pop.

Mark Brown  TradeLab for the Serious Trader http://www.sciapp.com
BTW, you might want to ask yourself how far the fraud goes. Can you tell
me how Tradestation\DTN wins the award from TASC for best institutional
trading software when it wasn't even available at the time of the survey?
You couldn't even buy\lease it from DTN. I tried! Advertising revenue can
work wonders! Charles Kaucher to John Sweeney     circa 1997 - 199?