Re: OMGA Hits New Lows

Dans un courrier daté du 11/10/98 10:21:27  , Robert W Cummings écrit :

<< Jim beware of the 28m asset claim its not real world because on dilution of
 those assets you would see that disappear into thin air. Those assets are
 its based mainly their share price not hard assets. This company relies
 solely on cash flow and future credit lines to keep the doors open now.

<<
The release of TS5 will help but long term Omega is behind the industry they
 use to lead. There proprietary software will not be cutting edge anymore
 and competition will force them to lower prices of their products to the
 market place later.

There is no cutting edge software for the moment to compete with them.
One  or two will certainly arrive in a near future and they will meet some
success.
But no doubt that Omega will lead the market for year and years.

It's dificult now to compete with a big company like Omega now  (I mean big
when comparing to the narrow market of technical analysis).
Maybe their share is low, but they exist in the market.
Do you know an other company that produces high end trading software ad that
is present on the stock market ?
The answer is : none.

<<
 EL can be worked around now without to much difficulty as is being done
 with Trade Lad using C++ programing. Omega is not moving forward but trying
 to hold on as a proprietary status they enjoyed in the eighties. Worlds
 changing and their not in step with it.

I think you mean VB instead of C++.
However, EL will remain the standard for years, due to the wide audience that
it has now.

To answer to an other post from you, I know enough of Bill Cruz and Omega to
say that if the Cruz Brothers would have sold their company, they could have
done this some time before.

They remains with it because unlike what you think, they like what they do and
they think that the software development could be better with them than
without them.

Unlike some of you may think, Bill Cruz likes his products and likes to evolve
it in a sense that is the best one for the users.
As for any human activity, he could  be sometimes wrong, but the overall facts
prove that he was not so wrong since the early days - stupid yk2 and TS5
delays discussion left aside off my mind when writing this-.

The proof is that all of you ARE currently using an Omega product.

Concerning the software price, it's not a problem.
A serious trader and serious system developer will not chose a  new $1000
product seeming to have similar or better capabilities when a $2339.40 has
been proven to work for years.
At least, he will choose TS and maybe buy the new thing only to see, then use
it if it can prove that he has a serious advantage to switch from TS to the
new thing.

$2399.40 is nothing when comparing  with the money that you may loose  or
avoid to earn by choosing to spare $1399.40 in this case.
I do not meanthat the $1000 thing will make you loose money and TS will to the
contrary, I only want to point out that someone that wants to play the market
and has $1399.40 problems was bound to fail.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin