Re: FOREX ~ to NEIGH , to NEY , or to NAY :)

nay
------

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary contains 2 items relevant to this
query.
   nay adv [ME, fr. ON nei, fr. ne not + ei ever--more at no, aye] (13c): no

 nay n (14c) 1: denial, refusal 2 a: a negative reply or vote b: one who
votes no

 nay conj (1560): not merely this but also: not only so but <the letter made
him happy, ~,
ecstatic>
   nay.say.er n (1721): one who denies, refuses, opposes, or is skeptical or
cynical about
something -- nay-say.ing n